Saturday, August 18, 2007

Firefox Users Are Theives. And Will Be Blocked

I've seen this story pop up on a couple of websites, so I decided I would post it.

There is an extension for Firefox called Adblock Plus [that I've been a long time user of] that blocks ads. Users of Ad-Block can surf the web without the annoyances of the many many ads that plague almost every website. Some website owners are irate because they count on ads to make money. since Ad-Block users are visiting their site without seeing the ads, they think this is essentially stealing.

There seems to be some website owners that are now blocking Firefox users from visiting their site. There is no way to block only Adblock Plus users, so all Firefox users are being blocked. I haven't actually run into any sites doing this, and really doubt is will be a trend. If I ever do run into a site that is blocking Firefox users, so be it, I can go without whatever site that might be.

Here is a link to why Firefox is being blocked.

If you are not already a user of Adblock Plus, you should be. It makes the web so much more pleasant. I'm always amazed at how cluttered the web is when I use someone else's computer.

Ad-Block Plus
Adblock Filterset.G Updater

No comments: